viernes, 28 de agosto de 2009

The Transantiago system

Transantiago system started in 2007. It was the big project of the Ricardo Lagos’ period. This new transport system was very controversial, because many things were unfinished.

I didn’t use, frequently, the public transport system previous to Transantiago , but I think that this system has three big advantages than the old system (“the yellow buses”): Transantiago system doesn’t pollute, the levels of criminality have decreased and the people use the bip-card to pay. And, sincerely, Transantiago system is aesthetically better than pre-Transantiago system.

The Transantiago System has improved its mistakes. When the system started I had to wait a lot of time at the bus stops, besides the buses were full of people. Today, the Transantiago system is faster and there are spaces to sit.

I would propose two tools to improve the Transantiago system. First, I would make more special routes for the buses and I would put the cameras to avoid the potentials armed robberies inside the buses. Also, I would propose a decrease of the ticket value and I’d hire the service of the artists.

Well… In general, I have a positive evaluation of the system. I try to be optimist because I didn’t like the pre-Transantiago System.

Thanks for reading.

1 comentario: